On the blog, I have always been very candid about my mental and physical health struggles and I found the same candour in Taylor Kiser as she shared her own physical and emotional health journey. In the interview, we talked about the connection between emotional well-being and food; as someone who has been through her fair share of issues on both fronts, Taylor had a lot to say on the subject.
For those of us who have used food to maintain a sense of control or as a source of comfort during moments of distress, this interview is packed full of practical advice that can help us heal the dysfunction.
As a certified personal trainer and nutrition coach, Taylor uses her blog, foodfaithfitness to help people build healthier relationship with food, find self-acceptance and a balanced way of maintaining a fit body without self-denial.
She was also an incredibly gracious guest, refreshingly honest, and is exactly as she comes across on her channel, humorous, happy, and bubbly.
Let’s dive in!
Listen to the episode below-
This episode discusses topics like-
- Taylor’s journey and struggles with eating disorders, toxic relationships, self-image, and self-acceptance.
- How she found her way back to a healthy body and mindset and the role her relationship with her husband played in that journey.
- What Taylor does to maintain a healthy and fit body as she enjoys her life
- What is a healthy body and mind supposed to feel like? What are some signs that can indicate a need for intervention?
- If we use food as an emotional crutch, the practice steps that can help us heal the dysfunction
- How to figure out the right form and amount of exercise. Talking yourself out of the fear caused by weight fluctuations.
- How to handle food cravings when you’re emotionally overwhelmed, and How your emotional well-being has been impacted by the food you eat.
- Taylor also talked about her book, Eat the Cookie: The Imperfectionist’s Guide to Food, Faith, and Fitness
Links from the episode-
Follow me (mehra_krati) on Instagram for conversations on empowered living with a healthy mind and soul.
How to subscribe and review-
Get Updated when the episodes are released-
Ratings and reviews are important to every show. It helps the creator improve and serve the audience better and the more reviews I have, the easier it will be for others to find this information. So, do me a huge favour, and please leave a review letting me know what you loved about the episode.
Share on Social Media and Spark a Conversation-
If this episode resonated with you and you found the shared content useful or even if it made you think and reconsider your current life choices, share this episode on social media and I’ll be very grateful to you.
When you do, tag me on Instagram @mehra_krati so I can thank and you give you a virtual hug 🙂
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out through the contact page. You can also DM me on Instagram. If there is an issue you would like for me to cover on the show, let me know and I’ll make sure you get the answers you need.
Thank you so much for giving time to this episode. I appreciate you and I’m glad to have you as a companion on this adventure.