Music is a powerful thing. It can help us express feelings too big for simple words. In the lyrics, you can find a refuge from your own pain, and a moment of forgetfulness that can help you remember your own strength. From Selena Gomez to Lady Gaga, powerful women have sung these powerful songs to help you feel like a badass.
I have a playlist for every mood and moment, but this one is my favourite. The songs on this playlist are for women who are just discovering their own strengths and capabilities. It is for those days when you get your ass handed to you and it feels as if the world is laughing at your feeble attempts at being better.
It’s for all those women who have been told that they aren’t good enough for their goals. Play these songs when you need a reminder that you’re a badass, and despite what people may choose to believe, there is nothing you cannot do!
Each song is like a little power pill that’s going to get you off your butt and revive your flagging spirit with powers worthy of the warrior you are!
1. Rachel Platten – Fight Song
Hands down, my favourite!
We have all had days when we were too bruised and broken to get out of bed, this one is for those dark moments. This song will remind you that no matter how empty you feel if you dig deep enough, you’ll find the strength you need.
No matter how many times you’ve lost or been rejected, tomorrow is a new day and therefore, a new beginning. So, change your story. Write a better fight song.
2. Sorry Not Sorry – Demi Lovato
If you’ve changed your story and reached your goals, you’re going to enjoy the hell out of this song. If not, it’s gonna be the best motivation for you. Someday, you’ll get the chance to face your haters and show them that despite their pathetic attempts, you made it!
3. Independent Women – Destiny’s Child
I am a fan of all independent women; Women who may not have everything but what they do have, they’ve earned on their own! This song is for those badass girls who know how to stand alone.
4. Fighter – Christina Aguilera
If you were ever told that you’re not good enough, you need to listen to this song! Even if you are not where you want to be, this song will remind you that you’ve come a long way.
It’s a big F*ck you to all those who betrayed, hurt and humiliated you. We are all better for the pain we’ve been through.
5. Power – Little Mix
This can replace your caffeine in the morning, seriously! Boy, this song will get you out the door, and ready to conquer the world in less than a minute! You got the power!
6. Look what you made me do – Taylor Swift
For the ladies who fight with their bitch face on! Hats off to those who can be sweetness and light when cornered, I come out with fists flying (metaphorically speaking!). Honestly, it’s always more fun when my inner bitch is driving 😉
…and here’s the rest of the list-
7. Bo$$ – Fifth Harmony
8. Bonfire – Felix Jaehn
9. Wings – Little mix
10. Worth it – Fifth Harmony
11. Run the world – Beyonce
12. Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) – Kelly Clarkson
13. I’m a bitch I’m a lover – Alanis Morissette
14. Work B**ch – Britney Spears
15. Dark Horse – Katy Perry
16. Don’t Cha – The Pussycat Dolls
17. Broken glass – Rachel Platten
18. Confident – Demi Lovato
19. Let it go – Demi Lovato
20. Bad blood – Taylor Swift
21. Bubblegum bitch – Marina & The Diamonds
22. Ain’t Your Mama – Jennifer Lopez
23. Dangerous Woman – Ariana Grande
24. Can’t hold us down – Christina Aguilera
25. Do it like a dude – Jessie J
26. Masterpiece – Jessie J
27. Unstoppable – Kat Deluna
28. Roar – Katy Perry
29. Survivor – Destiny’s child
30. Rise – Katy Perry
31. Little me – Little Mix
32. Swish swish – Katy Perry
33. Dark horse – Katy Perry
34. That’s my girl – Fifth Harmony
35. Who says – Selena Gomez
36. F*king perfect – Pink
37. Salute – Little Mix
38. Man, I feel like a woman – Shania Twain
39. I don’t need a man – Pussycat Dolls
40. Hollaback Girl – Gwen Stefani
41. Pretty girls – Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea
42. Shout out to my Ex – Little Mix
43. All about that Bass – Meghan Trainor
44. Like a boy – Ciara
45. Can’t be tamed – Miley Cyrus
46. Love Myself – Hailee Steinfeld
47. Stronger – Britney Spears
48. Black Widow – Iggy Azalea
49. Girl on fire – Alicia Keys
50. Pretty Girl – Maggie Lindemann
This list is my fuel on bad days. If my confidence takes a dip, I blast these songs full volume and I am back to feeling A-okay!
So, if you have songs that can be added to the list, let me know!